What is Upwork
Whether you’re a freelancer looking for work or you need to hire one for a project, Upwork is the first website that comes to mind. As the biggest freelance service marketplace on the market, it’s a no-brainer for many.
With such a large pool of candidates, finding a contractor there should be very easy. An employer posts a job, get applications with quotes, and voila- you get to choose the best freelance candidate for your business. Sounds easy, right?
Wrong! But why?
Some applicants will mass-apply to jobs they definitely aren’t qualified for, and you will have an enormous number of applicants and search through to find the right ones.
You’ll then have to screen, compare, qualify, shortlist and choose the right candidate out of 100’s in your queue. This is overwhelming for most and requires deep knowledge of the skill you are hiring for. Often, this takes up to 4 weeks.
Upwork’s rating system leaves much to be desired. Freelancers may have 5 star ratings, but you’ll have to read through every other review to make sure they have the skills you’re looking for. The ratings also don’t take into consideration other key traits you need to know before hiring, like communication skills, and responsibility.
CONSIDERING AN ALTERNATIVE?get a quote now
We’ll find a perfect match for your project in under 24 hours
- Post a project. Describe the task and enter some basic information to help freelancers provide an accurate quote.
- Freelancer Database Access. Filter freelancers by skills, location, work history, etc.
- Messaging tool. Send and receive files, communicate via text, chat, or video, and use a mobile app to talk with freelancers
- Invoicing, reporting and payment protection. Upwork delivers payments to freelancers in over 170 countries. You only pay for work you authorize.
- Customers pay a 2.75% processing fee on top of every payment.
- Freelancers pay Upwork anywhere from 5% to 20%,depending on the project size. Usually freelancers add this to the price they charge their clients.
Upwork may be the biggest freelance marketplace company out there, but it’s not always the best choice. There are many Upwork alternatives you should consider first. Each of these Upwork competitors have their own unique approach to helping companies hire remote developers.
- Upwork vs Freelancer
- Upwork vs Fiverr
- Upwork vs Guru
- Upwork vs Coding Ninjas
|Time to Start Project||0.2 - 2 days||2 - 14 days|
|Guaranteed Project Quality||-|
|Project Failure Rate||Low||Very High|
|TrustScore**||9.1 out of 10||6.0 out of 10|
* Multiple tests and interviews
** According to Trustpilot.com
Four key things to consider when choosing a freelance staffing provider:
Screening and evaluating a software engineer or developer yourself can take up to 4 weeks of intensive work. You need a provider who has tested, interviewed and worked with your candidate before so they can vouch for and guarantee quality work.
It’s hard to choose the right person for the job - especially when you’re picking from a list of 100s of candidates. At Coding Ninjas, we offer you 1 to 3 candidates that are the best fit for your specific project.
When you need help quickly or have miscommunicated with the freelancer, being limited to ticket system contact support will slow down your project. That’s why we offer live support.
A platform focused on a specific set of skills can provide better quality specialist freelancers than a platform that works with multiple skill sets.
Why chose Coding Ninjas over Upwork?
- We rigorously test every engineer so you don’t have to
- We find the perfect match for your project in under 24 hours
- Get a quote with our help, and start your project when you’re ready
- Enjoy live support and clear project communication
- No project is too big or too small
Customer reviews View All
We love Coding Ninjas!
Coding Ninjas helped us build our team with high-level resources. Their prompt service and attention to client requirements our simply outstanding.
Good quality/price ratio.
There are many options when it comes to finding a dev for remote work, but very few have good quality/price ratio. Coding Ninjas do. Good for both short and long-term tasks
Great team with the
The team at Coding Ninjas has been great to work with. They introduced us to their system, set us up with a great developer who met our exact needs, and all at a reasonable price.